The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader's Eye-Opening Journey Across the Life Line
Introduction by David Bereit, 40 Days for Life
Foreword by Fr. Frank Pavone Priests for Life
Publisher's Note by Fr. Joseph Fessio, S.J.
Abby Johnson quit her job in October 2009. That simple act became a national news story because Abby was the director of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Texas who, after participating in her first actual abortion procedure, walked across the road to join the Coalition for Life.
Unplanned is a heart stopping personal drama of life-and-death encounters, a courtroom battle, and spiritual transformation that speaks hope and compassion into the political controversy that surrounds this issue. Telling Abby's story from both sides of the abortion clinic property line, this book is a must-read for anyone who cares about the life versus rights debate and helping women who face crisis pregnancies.
In the pages of Unplanned, you'll also discover:
- What Abby found so attractive about the mission and goals of Planned Parenthood
- The personal secret that Abby kept buried for years
- The things she'd believed and told patients that she discovered not to be true
- An insider's perspective on Planned Parenthood's practices as well as the heartfelt but misguided efforts of some radical antiabortion activists
- The courage and resilience she's seen on both sides of the fence-from staff members to clients in crisis to prayerful volunteers
October Baby (DVD)
As the curtain rises, Hannah hesitantly steps onto the stage for her theatrical debut in college. Yet before she can utter her first lines, Hannah-unscripted-collapses in front of the stunned audience.
After countless medical tests, all signs point to one underlying factor: Hannah's difficult birth. This revelation is nothing compared to what she then learns from her parents: she was actually adopted ... after a failed abortion attempt.
Bewildered, angered, and confused, Hannah turns for support to Jason, her oldest friend. Encouraged by his adventurous spirit, Hannah joins his group of friends on a Spring Break road trip, embarking on a journey to discover her hidden past ... and find hope for her unknown future.
In the midst of her incredible journey, Hannah finds that life can be so much more than what you have planned.
This DVD is rated: PG-13
This DVD contains the following language options: English with Spanish subtitles