Reviews of Looking for the King
As reviews are received, they'll show up here!
- Tolkien Library, "Review: Looking for the King" – "What happened next was a big surprise - and this had not happened for a very long time - I was unable to put this book down and had to read until the end (despite of the fact that I should have been sleeping and that I had to work the next day)."
- NarniaFans.com, "Tumnus's Bookshelf" – "Looking for the King is a gripping page turner, with a lot of intelligence behind it."
- Once Upon a Hobbit, "Must Read: Looking for the King" – "Fans of Middle-earth, Narnia, and Camelot will simply love this book."
- The Lord of the Hallows, "My Review of 'Looking for the King'" – "I gave it a 5-star review at goodreads.com... This novel is a must-read for Inklings fans."
- Macrobee, "Book Review: Looking for the King" – "Whoever takes an interest in the 'Inklings', likes a good detective story and appreciates the worlds of legends surrounding King Arthur will not want to miss this book."
- Listed as #11 on A Casual Stroll to Mordor's "LotR Holiday Gift Guide"
- Toucanic, "Reading Writing Roundup" – "It's a fun way of entering the world of these old souls [the Inklings], and enjoying their banter, insights and encouragement (it’s a real world Downing fashions)."
- Discerning Hearts, "Looking for the King on Inside the Pages" – Looking for a good read? "Here is one that will not disappoint." [podcast, audio interview]
- Dekodet, "Snart Advent" [German] – The author recommends "just a little Christmas present to yourself." [Google translation]
David C. Downing, PhD, is the R.W. Schlosser Professor of English at Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania. He is the author of four award-winning books on C.S. Lewis: Planets in Peril, The Most Reluctant Convert, Into the Region of Awe: Mysticism in C.S. Lewis, and Into the Wardrobe: C.S. Lewis and the Narnia Chronicles. Downing has also written short fiction for Christianity Today and other periodicals. Read more