HOW TO ORGANIZE A FUN & FUND-FILLED FUNDRAISER
CATHOLIC BOOK & FILM FAIR and IGNATIUS NIGHT AT THE MOVIES
- Always make sure you have the permission of your pastor or principal before embarking on one of these exciting adventures.
- Choose the day(s) and time(s) for your event when most people will be able to attend. We highly recommend that you offer the Book & Film Fair on multiple weekends before and after Masses at parishes and for an extended period of at least a week or two at schools. Special events like speakers, coffee and donuts, dinners at parishes, and at schools parent-teacher conferences, Catholic Schools Week, and science fairs are also a good time to set up a display. If possible, schedule your Ignatius Night at the Movies for more than one night to give the greatest number of people the opportunity to attend.
- The biggest keys to a successful fundraising event are to ADVERTISE and PROMOTE! Advertise in your own bulletin as well as in the bulletins of surrounding churches and in the local Catholic newspaper and secular newspapers. Sample bulletin announcements are provided.
- Have your event announced during Masses. Promotion from an enthusiastic pastor is very beneficial!
- Put posters up in your church and/or school, neighboring churches and at local businesses. Feel free to ask for additional free posters if you will use more.
- Have your event announced on local radio stations if possible. Advertise in local and Catholic publications. Diocesan newspapers are a great resource. Press releases are provided on our websites.
For more detailed information about how you can have an incredibly successful fundraising event, please check out the Guidelines for the IGNATIUS PRESS CATHOLIC BOOK & FILM FAIR and the Host Ideas for the IGNATIUS NIGHT AT THE MOVIES program. These can be found on their respective WebPages.
TO RECEIVE AN INFORMATIONAL PACKET ABOUT FUNDRAISING WITH IGNATIUS PRESS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Toll Free: 866-431-1531 ext 5